Europe – USA/Canada – Australien/New Zealand
In the accredited test laboratory hearing protectors are tested against relevant standards for Europe, USA/Canada and Australia/New Zealand.
PZT is accredited as Test Laboratory and Notified Body (No. 1974) for the type examination procedure according to Directive 89/686/EEC and Regulation (EU) 2016/425 (basis for CE-mark) by DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle).
The Accreditation covers the complete series of standards DIN EN 352:
- EN 352-1: Ear muffs
- EN 352-2: Earplugs
- EN 352-3: Ear muffs attached to industrial safety helmets
- EN 352-4: Level-dependent ear muffs
- EN 352-5: Ear muffs with active noise reduction
- EN 352-6: Ear muffs with audio communications
- EN 352-7: Level-dependent earplugs
- EN 352-8: Entertainment audio ear muffs
PZT is listed for the MRA-agreement (Mutual Recognition Agreement). The conformance tests for USA/Canada and/or Australia/New Zealand can be performed in parallel with those for Europe leading to major savings in time and cost for the customer.
Tests according to ANSI Standards:
- ANSI S3.19-1974
- ANSI /ASA S12.6-2008 bzw. ANSI/ASA S12.68-2007
Applicable standard “CSA Z94.2-02 (R2011) Entitled: Hearing Protective Devices – Performance, Selection, Care and Use”. For sound attenuation the measuring values according to ANSI S3.19 and S12.6 can be used, supplemented by a class definition.
Tests for Australia/New Zealand are conducted according to standard AS/NZS 1270:2002 (Acoustics-Hearing Protector).